FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ✨ Polaris (& PP) Retrofits: Schedule, ....
Old Oct 1, 2019, 9:58 am
EWR764

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by narvik
Not sure I agree with this part.
N79011 -for instance- is a converted pmCO 772 that they seem to deploy on non-Polaris routes quite often.
I reckon they have reached a tipping point where the NON-Polarized pmCO 772s will be the exception.
This is correct. At the moment, there are no dedicated Polaris/PE markets for the pmCO 777-224ER, all show a 77Y (old CO config) seat map at booking, and if a Polaris-equipped airplane (77E) is assigned closer to departure, then the correct seat map will appear. In some cases, 77E are swapping out 77N/Q (777-222ER Polaris) close to departure, but this does not appear to be a regular thing.

Originally Posted by Kacee
I hope you're right. I thought I had read that no further pmCO 772 mods were currently scheduled.
One more 77E is due out of mod in the next week or two, and another one should follow a bit later. Once the converted airplanes are ready to go, we'll see their replacements scheduled to HKG. That gets the fleet to 9/22 converted to 77E, 2 in the shop and 11 77Y in service.

As far as I know, the company plans to run two 77Y -> 77E mod lines through the winter; no change there. With 9 airplanes, that should be sufficiently redundant to at least cover HKG-EWR/SFOx2 with 77E when those flights go to 772 service this winter.