FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum automatic MCE seat assignment on Basic Economy fare?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 5:03 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Euph222
A bit of a convoluted question. I recently received the upgrade to platinum and I do not anticipate being able to renew it beyond this year.

My my husband recently received a voucher for a voluntary bump and we want to use it to fly next spring (when i won’t have status).

If we book basic economy fares now and do so with my. Husbands voicher will we be able to select main cabin extra seats right away because of my status? Also, will lounge access and other perks not apply?

many thanks!
Using the voucher has nothing to do with it, that is just another form of payment.

Basic Economy does not come with any sest selection until check in, even for elites.

Now, if you book a regular economy fare, you can select MCE or preferred seats now based on his status. You will most likely keep these seats, even after he loses his status, as long as there is not a major schedule/equipment change that causes the computer to reshuffle seat assignments.

And as mentioned you will not receive any other status benefits (lounge, luggage, etc.) as his status will have expired.