FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aegean has lost it.
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:30 am
East_and_West

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by Cide
I don't see a problem with #1 . You had a ticket with 23kg baggage allowance. You had more than that. You pay for the difference. *G or not. You said you had 2-3kg more than the allowance and that it should be OK as you are a A3 *G (I guess). But where do you draw the line. Would 4kg be ok? How about 5? Or even 9, as you might get upgraded and would have an allowance of 32 kg? (and what are those "special circumstances" that you mentioned?)
My guess is that in most of the cases the line lies at about 2kg, maybe a bit lower. In my limited experience (about 10 times perhaps?) I had never encountered any problem on any *A carrier when checking in a couple of kilos in excess of the allowance as a *G. Yet I've never stretched that beyond that (say, 1kg, perhaps close to 2kg at most) since I prefer to avoid such situations, and I don't like to push my limits. The reason they allow that is I guess that it's not good for business to exhaust their strictness on their best customers just to pocket a few dozen additional €... Their medium-/long-term losses outweigh their immediate gains. But I agree that 3kg sounds indeed a bit too much.