FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2019 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:16 pm
palmanfr

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Now that I read again the email my girlfriend received, it is slightly different than the one her mom received (the one I copied/pasted earlier). They acknowledge the medical emergency was on the previous flight. I don't know if the reason mentioned by the captain of their flight was the main cause for the delay or not then...
This is the reply my gf received :

Dear Mrs xxx

Thanks for contacting us about your claim for EU compensation and I do apologise for the late response. We're sorry it was necessary to delay your flight to Lyon on 22 September. Your claim's been refused because BA0364 was delayed because
there was a medical emergency on board the previous flight and a passenger had to be offloaded. This meant your flight had to be delayed and I'm very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We take all reasonable measures to avoid disruption to a flight and we always consider if there are any other alternative solutions before we make a decision. The delay/cancellation was out of our control and caused unforeseen disruption to our schedule.

Thanks again for following this up with us. Please feel free to contact us if we can help you any further and I hope we have the chance to welcome you and your mother on board again soon.

Best regards