FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airfare and booking directly with Cruise Line
Old Sep 29, 2019, 11:46 pm
jonsail

Programs: Mileage Plus
Airfare and booking directly with Cruise Line

Does anyone know if a TA has the same opportunity to get great deals on airfares in connections with cruises that the cruise line has? In particular, Mrs. Jonsail and I find that if we book a European cruise with Seabourn far in advance and are flexible as to arrival and departure dates and cities--we like to see some of Europe before or after the cruise--we can get great flight plans, all premium cabins for $2,000-$2,500 pp. which is far better than we could do on our own. My "consultant" at Seabourn claims that Holland American's travel department--Seabourn and Holland American are both subsidiaries of Carnival Cruise Lines--has enormous bargaining power. Seabourn has also been great in these two cases:
1) The airline changed the schedule making for a crappy flight plan and we were able to get new, better flights for the same price, and
2) We talked another couple into joining us on a cruise and decided we wanted a longer stay in the departure city and we made the change at no cost.

Therefore my Q: Would a TA booking me into Seabourn have been able to do the same?