FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asked to not recline seat by flight attendant?
Old Sep 29, 2019, 5:05 pm
MDFFlyer

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by redreeper
I've had it happen on IB coach, the passenger in front of me fell asleep after reclining and seriously, my tray would not even go down to put the food on. It's a pretty big food tray and the drink...it would have been all over the place. FA woke sleeping passenger, he ate his meal, I had mine, and we all went back to reclining once the trays were taken away. If it was a snack (like the narrow snack box) I wouldn't have cared at all, it's just impossible with a full food tray.
I see - quite astonishing that they would design a plane to prevent individual A from sleeping with a reclined seat and individual B behind them eating at the same time. This, all in an effort to maximize passenger capacity. Absolutely ridiculous.

I would have been livid if I was woken up because I had a reclined seat and the passenger behind me couldn't eat on his tray. This is out of my control and is the airline's fault. They should buy better planes or advertise a seat that is non-reclineable.

I'm seriously still in shock the FA woke up a sleeping passenger... it's perhaps one of the worst things an FA can do... but then again... if you can't eat... that's horrible as well. I would have expected the FA to have bumped you to business before waking up a sleeping passenger... if any seats were available there...