FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA 45 CDG-JFK : Confirming AA's lousy service
Old Sep 29, 2019, 5:26 am
metallo

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jerseytom
On domestic flights I've honestly had quite good service with AA FA's. Not sure of international is categorically worse... I'll be finding out in a couple months!
They’re often fine on short hops. I mean, how hard is it to screw up service from LAS to LAX or ORD to STL (oh wait, nah, they’ve done that lol).

INTL is really where they should shine, though, and they don’t. I recently flew the 788 from NRT to ORD (which I’ve now flown countless times both domestically and internationally), and it’s actually a decent hard product.

Also, I realize this may be a bit of a controversial statement, but the AC was actually my favorite lounge at NRT on this trip. It was tranquil, well laid-out, and definitely had the best airport views. The JAL F lounge was crowded, seemed generally disorganized, and the sushi honestly wasn’t that great.

The problem at AA right now is the people. There are bitter, sour people seemingly staffing every inch of this operation, and it’s an act that’s getting tired fast.