FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Largest room for standard points redemption?
Old Sep 29, 2019, 5:21 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Rano91
I'm looking to book a special trip for 4 adults and trying to avoid having to get 3 rooms and seeing if I can get away with just 2.

In essence, I'm wondering what properties have the largest standard rooms that could be divided into 2 separate sleeping areas (single bathroom is fine) as opposed to having 2 beds in the same room?

I've been looking at Conrad Maldives (we visited in April), Conrad Koh Samui and the Seychelles resorts but none of them seem to have a completely separate sitting area with sofa or rollaway bed option.

Hotel could really be anywhere in the world (I'm based in the UK) as long as it's either in a good location or is a good hotel. I know Embassy Suites have 2 rooms typically but they aren't particularly "special" so would need to be in a really nice location instead.

I have 640k Hilton Honors points and my partner and I are both Gold so would be taking advantage of the 5th-night free benefit. Wouldn't be averse to paying for a standard room with points then upgrading to something bigger/better with cash if the option was there and it was reasonable, as we did at the Conrad Maldives.

Would be great to hear any suggestions.
Might be wrong, but think you might be out of luck on this request. Ideally you are really wanting a suite with a dividing door between the lounge and bedroom and a sofa bed in the lounge. In my experience these sofa beds are not very comfortable and more suitable for children than for adults. However, even these rooms are classed as Premium rooms for points redemptions. Similarly, 2 bedroom suites at Embassy Suites are also classed as Premium rooms and your points don't go far with Premium redemptions and also you don't get the 5th night free on these. Perhaps some Ft'ers in the US may have more experience of suitable Award rooms that you would like, but I'm not aware of any.