FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United will begin selling Premium Plus on some domestic routes from 2 Oct. 2019.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 8:23 pm
Ocn Vw 1K
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
That's a good point! There will only be a handful of domestic flights a day with this config. I was thinking this would be limited to the p.s. routes but I guess it doesn't have to be. E.g. sell PP on a SFO-IAD or IAH-EWR flight if it has PP equipment.
This could be limited as of now to "p.s." routes and not to every domestic route having Prem. Plus seating.

For the past two months, we've been confirmed SFO<->IAD in XN on 291/340 starting 22 Oct, in aisle PP seats. We were able to grab those seats at booking. (The only 772 daily flight on the route.) Most of these 772s in past weeks have gone out on the un-Polarisized planes (28J (2-4-2), 0 PP, E+, E.) But starting mid-Oct., these ships are (still) showing the full Polaris J seats 1-2-1, with PP.

As of a few mins. ago, the seat map shows the few PP seats remaining in Blue. We're still in our row 22/21 aisle PP seats. Fingers firmly crossed for no downgrade frame subs or no ejection to 3-4-3 E+

In checking fares today on SFO->IAD, I did notice that a PP column has been added; but on our n/s 772s that column has been filled in "Not available". However, if you construct a connection to IAD via SFO->EWR (p.s, 781) ->IAD, you will be paying a "mixed cabin" of R class for PP on p.s. segment and S on the UX segment EWR to IAD. Total RT fare shown in these "mixed cabin" connections via p.s, is a bit under double the lowest available Econ. fare on the same connecting flights.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Sep 28, 2019 at 8:36 pm Reason: Add more details about connections to IAD via p.s. 781s.