FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beach day while visiting Disney
View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2019, 3:13 pm
Bear96
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StAugustine
Playalinda Beach at Canaveral National Seashore. A straight shot from Orlando on FL-528 (The Beachline). Takes a little over an hour.
A lovely option and one of my favorite beaches in FL (in fact, heading there tomorrow). But people who aren't familiar with the area should know there are NO AMENITIES for miles around so bring in all food / drink / etc. before crossing the bridge from Titusville.

That is what I like about it - it is just a barrier island with no buildings or development whatsoever. (But on the downside, that means no plumbing so only stinky port-a-johns. Poop in Titusville.)

Also check the web for launchings from Cape Canaveral. For safety reasons they close down the whole area for a period of time before and after each launch, which can totally ruin a planned beach day.

But the beach is beautiful and well worth the trip. I'll be at the nude part at the far north (Parking Lot # 1, then turn left on the beach. You will know you are there when you see things you can't unsee).