FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United will begin selling Premium Plus on some domestic routes from 2 Oct. 2019.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 1:09 pm
clintonuws

Programs: Delta, United, American
As everyone else has also noticed... lost my assigned seat in row 22 for an upcoming flight. Called Premier line and got a nice agent who basically had no idea what I was talking about and repeatedly implied I was trying to get a free upgrade "you have to pay more for that seat". She was not aware that it was sold as a Econ + seat up till this week. I agree with everyone that it is very BAD form to have elite members who had reserved those seats be bumped back without any communication especially as the regular Econ/Econ plus seats on the 787-10 look terribly narrow (but per seatguru... are 17.3"... the same as the 757 and slightly larger than the new 777 seats at 17.1")

Oh well. Another bad taste left in my mouth (but likely no different than how AA or DL would have handled it).

If you really want row 20-22, if you go into upgrades... it shows 2 different costs for upgrade. My flight was $199 for one and $859 for another. The $199 allows you to upgrade into the Premium Econ.

Oh well... at least I got to fly that 3x before the change.

Has anyone flown the regular econ seat? Is it really the same width as the 757? It looked VERY narrow last time I looked back from Row 22.... Sigh....

Any seat recs for their Econ Plus? I see Row 30 gets a "yellow" as the seat is more narrow from the solid armrest...