FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Metal Question
View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2019, 7:11 am
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by gokeeper
The agent is not right, I put in a random date and it can be issued under AC stock.

[...]

Actually UA stock will be $130 cheaper at CAD 2928.28 all in.
Many UA fares do allow plating on another carrier's stock but include a fee for doing so. US$100 is what I've usually seen - which is right around C$130. But if AQD is important, I can easily see it being worth someone's while to pay it.

Originally Posted by flyquiet
That looks like travel agent witchcraft. I often have to book YYZ-US (stop) US-US (stop) US-YYZ trips and can never do it as a multi city on AC website. The multi city tool on AC website coughs up "It is not possible to search for flights which have both an origin and a destination in the United States." (red font in original.) If I am missing the secret password to making it do it, I'd love to know it.
There are many things bookable by AC that can't be searched for on the website. I know you can't phone AC, but you can try using Google Flights or Matrix to push it through online. Or this may be a case where it's worthwhile to pay a TA $50 to book it for you. I believe there are a few who hang out on this board who would understand exactly what you want to accomplish.