FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2019
Old Sep 27, 2019, 6:43 pm
Kestrel

InterContinental Sydney

InterContinental Sydney, Australia
We stayed here twice, both at the beginning and at the end of our recent trip to Australia.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Deluxe Eastern Harbour View Room, upgraded to King Harbour Bridge View Room for the first stay
Booked King Harbour Bridge View Room, upgraded to King Opera House View Room for the second stay

How are the rooms?
The first room was a corner room, 20th floor, great views of the whole harbour including the bridge and Opera House. The second room was the room next door, but on the 28th floor. I don't think the view was substantially better. The corner room had more windows (but facing a construction site, not the harbour). The website says they are the same size. Both rooms had bed, desk, window seat, lounge chair, small-ish bathroom. Overall, very nice (just not sure what the second room had that the first didn't to make it a category higher).

How is the exec. lounge?
I did not have access

What was good and what was bad?
Good: convenient location just off Circular Quay, gorgeous views, good sized rooms.

Bad: I requested early arrival for first stay, but was not surprised that room was not ready when we arrived at 9:30 am. We left our luggage, freshened up in the locker room, headed out. They said they would text me when the room was ready. We finally came back about 2:00 because we were beat, and the room was ready. No idea if had been ready earlier, but I would loved to have been notified that it was. The TV in our second room did not work, but we were only there for 2 nights and didn't bother to report the problem until check out.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Pretty good value for a great location, and I would return.