FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta / LATAM Partnership (Consolidated Thread)
Old Sep 27, 2019, 12:53 pm
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
That's pretty unfortunate for me, as Latam is a pretty good carrier overall, and I've relied on them for (AA) mileage earning a lot in the past. This will be a big dissuading factor for me taking Latam flights in the future. Getting zero credit in any FF program for a 10,000+-mile round-trip? Not optimal.
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
How does "not being in an alliance" equate to "getting zero credit in any FF program"? You'll still be able to earn SkyMiles and, from the sound of it, Avios due to bilateral partnerships.
+1. Presumably they'll be treated in the same manner as VS and VA (where you earn in the normal manner when on DL flight numbers and earn on the ratio table on VS/VA flight numbers). No chance mileage earning is zero -- you just won't necessarily be able to credit to other ST programs unless they reach additional bilateral agreements with other ST members.

And then similar to VS/VA there will be some agreement on lounge access based on status for same day travel to South America (would assume access to LATAM lounges in SA plus MIA and then DL lounge access in other locations where no LATAM lounge exists).

Interesting thing will be a place like LAX where the lounge in TBIT is KE -- so LATAM could negotiate with KE for lounge access but a DL flyer on LATAM metal ex-LAX as of now wouldn't have a lounge which seems like a big gap.

Last edited by Duke787; Sep 27, 2019 at 1:08 pm