FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LATAM leaving OW (date TBC)- what does this mean for QFF
Old Sep 26, 2019, 11:29 pm
lokijuh

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by nancypants
Figured we should have a thread here cos why not

i’m currently simultaneously planning a big South American trip and also thinking it might not have too much of an impact because of the QF/LA joint venture- but I suppose the actual routes codeshared are not that extensive

any thoughts?
In the short term, no impact. These arrangements take a while to work through. Even once LA has left oneworld, there's a distinct possibility that they will continue to co-operate or even expand the cooperation to be like the arrangements QF has with MU, both carriers have good commercial reasons to co-operate with each other. One relevant point - I assume if they don't sort out more extensive co-operation, the day that LA leaves oneworld will also be the day QFF elites travelling economy on LA metal will stop being granted access to LA lounges.

The only wildcard is should DL see fit to take an equity stake in VA (not sure if that is likely, but it has been mentioned), then it's possible we could see a shift in LA's allegiances on the eastern side of the pacific..

Last edited by lokijuh; Sep 26, 2019 at 11:37 pm