FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Sep 26, 2019, 9:07 pm
MBS MillionMiler
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
UA has been on-off in enforcing this requirement for SDC. The app has generally been OK, phone agents less so.
Thanks for the info. I didn’t know, and I mostly buy P-fares with little trouble changing them (it’s more likely that I can find Y inventory yet no P, so I know those are ‘out’ anyway).

But odd that I get the opposite of what you report...App showed nothing, yet (2nd) phone agent was able to get it done for me.

Can’t say I understand the logic, but it’s United being United.

Funnier thing was that I checked in right after I hung up with the agent and got the ‘volunteer your seat’ message. I put in $500. 30 mins later, my phone rang as I was in security and missed the call, it was the gate agent trying to reach me to verify that I wanted to IDB. Turns out they didn’t need the seat, but funny that they’d oversell the seat for the sake of an SDC—even if my fare class wasn’t ‘quite’ eligible, although they’d have done it for someone in Z or higher that wanted to move.

Last edited by MBS MillionMiler; Sep 26, 2019 at 9:14 pm