FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer time SGN-BKK-RGN on seperate PNR's
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:35 pm
pdxparse

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold
Transfer time SGN-BKK-RGN on seperate PNR's

Hi! I booked an OW from RGN back home after spending a week in Vietnam. I pieced together an itinerary leaving SGN on VietJet Air from SGN-BKK arriving 7:05 p.m. Next flight to RGN is the latest direct flight I could find @ 8:30 p.m. on PG 705 (Bangkok Airways).

I know it's pushing it at 1 hr 25 min - do I have any shot at making my connection? No checked bags, I can run, flying economy. My OW from RGN is not until 6:35 p.m. the next day - I wanted to leave plenty of time for an early morning flight from BKK-RGN in case I misconnect. I probably should have booked the 8:45 a.m. flight the next day on Bangkok Airways, but I thought it was worth a shot to try and make it all the way to RGN the day before, just in case...

Any tips on connecting on two separate tickets with 1.25 hour connection time with a US passport? I'm NOT checking any bags, and flying solo. I can run pretty quickly if need be. I'm flying economy for both of these short flights (SGN-BKK and BKK-RGN) but J on JAL the next day. Bummer that I couldn't originate in BKK, but that's the game.

Oh - this is a Saturday in November. I'd imagine it would be busier. Pay for fastrack service? See if I can get PAL to change to the 8:45 a.m. flight the next morning? Not sure if I have a chance of making connection with no checked baggage or not. I assume I can check in online for Bangkok Airways to provide to security when I transit, which might be a bad assumption.

Last edited by pdxparse; Sep 23, 2019 at 7:56 pm