FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice for a Brand New QFF member and soon to be very Frequent Flyer.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:54 am
DodgyKnees

Advice for a Brand New QFF member and soon to be very Frequent Flyer.

Hi there fellow Qantas travellers!

I'm a newly minted QFF member with a grand total of 50 Status points! I'm currently Air NZ Gold, however my work circumstances are changing and that means that I'm (and family also) moving to Melbourne from NZ at the beginning of 2020.

I've been weekly commuting Trans-Tasman these last couple months on Air NZ and Qantas, but with the permanent move on the horizon, I'm keen to start using Qantas much more. In Australia, I'll be flying weekly domestically with the odd USA and Europe conference now and again. Oh and a half-dozen hops back over to NZ. Our company uses Corporate Traveller and prioritises Qantas over other airlines, hence the new QFF membership.

So my question, to you experienced QFF members, is: How best can I set myself up to maximise my travel and increase Status points to 'fly' up those tiers? and: What quirks does Qantas have? You know, those little things that you've picked up on over the years about Qantas that you put to good use to make life easy.

I've had a blast reading through these forums over the last week, from Wheelie Bag dramas to what's up with Qantas' network and some guy trying to find the cute Asian girl on a Jetstar flight.

Thanks in advance for all your help and I'm looking forward to contributing to these forums when I get a few more QFF miles under my belt.

Cheers!