FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Difficulty in partner redemptions
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2019, 10:21 pm
RAD_PDX

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Are you including a stopover? The one time I want to fly the least number of segments is when I am not earning EQM.

AA does provide some good redemption options domestically and to Mexico & perhaps the Caribbean. 27.5K YLW-SEA-PHX-GDL in F was a good redemption especially with a stopover in PHX that AAdvantage wouldn't allow. 27.5K offset a $1100 fare.

For the OP, Europe is definitely a weak spot, although BA has reduced their surcharges on a lot of routes. QF is pretty scarce but CX/JL offers excellent opportunities.

I still find great value in MP and earning meaningful RDM on a cpm basis is pretty easy.

James
I think I might have to steal your name because I purposely include stopovers, even when I'm not earning EQMs. I only do this in F though so I am enjoying the ride while flying for fun

I usually have to use the multi-city search function and can find things such as PDX-SEA-DCA-STL, all in F for 25K. I've also done it to get routings like ORD-DFW-PDX so I could fly on the AA Dreamliner. If you look for it, you can also find AA's premium transcon offered up at the 25K level.