FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel not yet open
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2019, 2:12 pm
Bartolo

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by storewanderer
I reserved a couple months ago for a reservation in October for a new construction hotel. It turns out the hotel is delayed and will not be open at the time of my reservation. I booked this at what I would describe as a below-average rate for the given area. There are other Hilton properties available nearby, at rates 20-30% higher. Hilton has notified me the hotel will not be open in time for my reservation and has simply cancelled my reservation. They have not offered to match the rate at a nearby property or similar. Should I expect them to?
Exact situation my friend found herself in last year. They didn’t even tell her but I saw something in the local news so she got proactive. It was Marriott.. She was reasonable but assertive with them. They booked her into another Marriott property nearby and honoured the rate.

I would be assertive about this with Hilton. If you are HH, go to them. I’ve always found them more helpful than the individual properties. Remember, you booked in good faith.