FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK status match (2017 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2019, 4:46 pm
KL803

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by ahopkins767
I requested a status match from Flying Blue Gold (SkyTeam Elite +). Was given a match/challenge, whereby

- The Elite card trial period is 4 months, with expiry exactly 4 months forthwith.
- Extended by 8 more months (so 1yr in total) after taking a TK int'l flight within the initial 4 months.
- If I earn 15,000 status miles with TK int'l flights within first year, membership will be extended by another year.

Upon gaining the status match, the account overview gave an expiry date of 4 months from the matching date. However, after the subsequent TK flight, this has not changed. I have it confirmed from TK, via email, that I have met the criteria for the first extension but I don't know when this will reflect. My reading from here seems a few people get their status dropped off, and have to request it to be re-instated - so perhaps that will be what will happen, but I hope it won't happen as I have a journey I hope to use to additional baggage two days after the 4month trial expiry (although I do make more TK flights before that too).

Question:

Does the status drop off after the 4month extension and you need to request it to be re-instated or is it automatically done?

Thanks!
I made the same request like above today. I'll let you know about the outcome. Hopefully, the match is approved before my flight on October 20.