FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not Allowed to Board
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:57 am
CatchFlightsNotFeelings
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond; VS Gold; Uber Diamond
Originally Posted by YadiMolina
Yes, at least two, maybe more. I'm talking about simple desks with two persons in the middle of the terminals where agents can assist with rebookings and the like.

When did they lose your bag? Upon arrival in PTY for your overnight stopover, or in your final destination?

Ummm.... should I understand this was a "morning" flight for which you were denied boarding? Was this decision purely from a single agent, or do they need some supervisor to get involved?
Those service desks are basically impossible to find. Not well marked well at all. Thank goodness I had lounge access.

They lost it upon arrival in PTY for overnight stopover, or more accurately, failed to put it on the same plane I was to take back to the US. (They didn't put it on the flight I was originally supposed to take either). This created a massive headache for me as upon arrival at my final destination, my bad was not there - and had to fill out all sorts of property irregularity reports to to COPA's failure to positive-passenger bag match. I don't know how an airline can be so inept.

It was the morning flight for which I was unable to board. Got the boarding pass, went to immigration/security, and at some point there was sent back to the COPA desk, had my BP taken from me, and told to go take a nap. You're right that it could have been much worse (especially since it was the security authorities who deemed me "unfit"), but getting yelled at in Spanish by COPA didnt really help, as I had no friggen clue what they were trying to tell me.