FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oman Air flight cancellation issue - requesting suggestions
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:47 pm
Sankmik

Oman Air flight cancellation issue - requesting suggestions

Hi, I am flying via Oman Air for the first time and facing a big issue.

Booked a flight from Chennai, India to Casablanca, Morocco for 26th Oct. Now the airline has sent me a message stating due to Boeing 737 max grounding issue, flights till 30th October are cancelled and the earliest flight available is on 30th which is 96 hour later than original time. Here are the solutions I expected, at least one of them -

1. Since first leg of the journey is still possible, expected to have a codesshare or some other otions from Muscat to Casablanca, Oman Air is telling they don't have any codesshare in this sector
2. Full refund as the issue is not due to my plan change, rather it was due to airlines issue - they are saying they will follow regular cancellations Policy if I need full refund and deduct money !!

My challenges -

1. India office of Oman Air is useless, they literally know nothing
2. Reached out via twitter, no help. Only response comes from Bot that they will look into this.
3. Calling international to Oman air helpline in Muscat and spend lots of money for international call, though they seem little more reasonable than India office, no actual solution provided.
4. Reached out to feedback section of Omanair - no responses in 48 hours.

Did any of you faced a situation like this before where airline decide to cancel the flight, put you in a flight which is after 96 hours from original flight depurture time and not even ready for full refund if the 96 hours delay doesn't work for the passenger ? What option do I have here?

Regards, Sankar