FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missed connection; what is United's policy if next flight is full?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 8:10 am
stevendorechester

Programs: ba silver
Unfortunately you picked the wrong alliance. United agents tend not to want to re-route on other airlines even when the problem is their fault, due to the effort involved. Had you been a Delta passenger they would have gladly re-booked you on either KLM or Air France, American would have rebooked you on British Airway or Iberia but United agents can very stubborn about and will insist on United metal. They won' t even do JV code-shares.

If you want to stay with Star alliance I suggest next time you book though Air Canada. We have a new law in Canada that requires airlines to re-route on ANY airline if they can' t get you out within six hours.

This should be the law everywhere, I don't know why the U.S. does not require airlines to re-route on any flight that would get the passenger sooner ( or face a stiff fine). This would not cost the airlines much as all airlines cancel flights so these extra expenses would cancel each other out in the long run. While I don't favor paying out compensation in these case ( THAT increases fares for the rest of US) I think it's long overdue that the needs of the passenger come first, not the airlines.

Last edited by stevendorechester; Sep 20, 2019 at 8:16 am Reason: forgot information