FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are you comfortable flying AA?
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:38 am
mvoight
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
This article was a joke. Nothing specific was noted and the entire story was not told. Given that people from all cultures board flights on American day in and day out I would seriously doubt that any crew would look at any minority group, including Muslim, and ask for them to be removed. What is your claim that American Airline is having an increase in the number of racist incidents? Moreover I can't believe anyone would actually believe press releases which are aren't about facts anymore but getting eyeballs or clicks.

If someone was removed from a flight it's doubtful it was because of the color of their skin and more than likely they acted in a behavior that would concern the crew enough to want them removed.
"They were travelling separately, but recognised one another from the local Muslim community and waved to each other on board."

I am inclined to believe there are FA's who would consider this behavior to be "concerning", but absurdly thinking this was some kind of terrorist signaling.
Non Muslims have also been removed from flights for invalid reasons. I don't find it too difficult to imagine a possibility of truth in the story reported
One of the men is a 1 MM flyer with AA. He was interviewed by at least one local Dallas TV station. I saw it on the local news. He said the flight attendant was listening at the lav door after the other passenger went in.

Also on that site, "Alaska Airlines has apologised to a gay couple after one of them was asked to give up his seat to allow a straight couple to sit together"
"https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45022013"
So, yes, crew wanted a gay couple to either sit separately, so a straight couple could sit together, or leave the flight.
There is no lack of bigotry among airline crews, especially on AA