FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF/KLM Lounge at IAD — AF & DL Conflicting Access Info!
Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:27 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Spousal Unit-1 and I just arrived on KL651 AMS > IAD — about 4 hours before our IAD > ATL connection. Flew J from AMS, both SU1 and I are DMs.

I call DL and they state that we are entitled to access to the AF/KL lounge in Terminal A because their policy says that access is based upon “same-day” travel.

AF turns us away and says we are NOT entitled to access as their lounge is specifically for international departures only.

Assuming AF knows more what they’re talking about, we politely thank them and take our leave. I call the Diamond Desk and they say AF is wrong. Not willing to make a stink about it, I drop the matter.

The policy is conflicting and really needs to be harmonized. If DL had the correct info we wouldn’t have bothered going to A (our connection is at B74).
DL had correct info. You were connecting (albeit on separate tickets) to a onward ST flight. As long as you showed them your DL BP they were in the wrong.