FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice Requested - Flight Change
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2019, 7:12 pm
joejet

Originally Posted by whadzinaname
I am a BAEC Silver member and back in March, I purchased non-refundable Business Class tickets for my family of 4 from PHL to DEL for travel in December 2019 to attend my nephew's wedding. We purchased these on two reservations: One with me and my children and one with just my wife.

Unfortunately, my brother passed away about a month back and the wedding is not happening in December anymore. I have few questions in this context and was wondering what options are available to me before I call BA:

1. These being non-refundable, are we able to move the onward travel for children(who are on my reservation) and my wife back by a week? My travel plans and the return for everyone else will be the same as originally planned
2. Can few 2 tickets out of 3 on a single reservation can be changed?

Thanks in advance for any advice and/or suggestions.
condolences for you loss
1. You need to split the reservations, but i’m not sure ba will do it for free, they normally do but December might be too far out (travel insurance?) anyway if they do you will have to send in a copy of the death certificate.

2. Again you will have to get the booking split the only downside is your silver have status once split that does not work for the others in the booking for seats extra bags etc.

Last edited by joejet; Sep 19, 2019 at 7:59 pm