FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missed Flight Due To Bad Weather [IAH Tropical Storm Imelda disruption]
Old Sep 19, 2019, 12:23 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Having just got off the phone to Houston, I can confirm there are big problems over there.

BA has an advisory for this (the advisory is entitled Tropical Storm Imelda, it was actually issued yesterday. So personally I would advise her to call BA when she in a safe loctation. She can rebook to flghts up to and including 22 September free of charge, no matter if she has an inflexible ticket. Then when she gets to Bush, she could at the desk try to come forward to today's flight if necessary, but to be frank, she best take the slow way, avoid rushing and have a more leisurely ride tomorrow. My experience of Houston drivers in unusual weather is that 20% know what they are doing, 10% think they know what they're doing, and 70% just drive real slooooow. It would easy, under pressure to end up with a prang.