FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Filthy Property and very bad management
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2019, 12:20 pm
Robert C Newpoff

Filthy Property and very bad management

Introduction Was in Columbus and needed to switch to a two bedroom for a week because my Father had just passed away. I was given a good rate for a week. I left my other Hotel which was a beautifully run property compared to this Residence Inn.I am in a room next to the entrance door. Every time someone opens that door when it shuts it shakes the wall and bed frame and this goes on every night until the wee hours of the morning. I did talk to someone at the front desk who was suppose to let someone know and move us but never did. People should be warned before moving into this room of what might occur.Garbage disposal was loud and finally stopped working. I fixed it but since we have been here, it sounds like something is stuck in it and it is loud when you turn it on.The flip around lock on the door is so loose it would be easy to come off.The drapes in my sisters room that kept out the sun and people from looking in had to be fixed with duct tape by the maintenance.Coffee pot needs replacing and some of the dishes were dirty and we washed them before we used them.Microwave was dirty, but I cleaned it.Tile loose in bathroom floor to the left of the toiletShower curtain rod loose from the wall on the left hand side.Right bedroom door handle hard to open from the inside of the bedroom when closedStains on Sofa.Spiders in the roomHandle missing off the dishwasher and just a piece of metal sticking out.The hallways smell very bad. The furniture was all marked up and the beds were hard as a rock.I was busy making Funeral arrangements.After check out I wrote the General Manager.He writes me back, apologizes and offers me Marriott points only good for one night.I told him your offering me points only good for one night when I had 7 bad nights. Told him to keep his points and he never wrote me back or called. The General Manager is the most unprofessional manager I have ever dealt with in a Marriott Property. After I told him not to give me the points that I would take it up with Marriott, he did it anyways a few days later. Discount or not, it was not worth the stay. I do not recommend this property at all. Please read all the reviews in here, and other web sites. Says on other sites they would give refunds if not satisfied with stayed but refused me one.