FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:02 am
Sam Swps

Programs: ba
Original Routing Credit

I just finished the 2nd leg of my PHX to OTP trip. I started my journey in PHX and then travelled to LAX to take the transcon service to JFK on AA, then connecting with BA onwards to LHR and OTP.

As I boarded the transcon service from LAX, my bp beeped and I was informed that my seat had no electrics so could not be reclined at all. It was bolt upright. I was given an alternative exit row seat in coach!

I said I am not willing to downgrade my service. I paid for a business seat and not willing to travel coach. I was assured that “something” would be given back to me but the agents were unsure what that was.

As I was connecting in LHR to take the OTP flight, I was given an option to fly direct to LHR from LAX, bypassing the need to travel on the domestic AA service. This did sound more appealing, but I realised I would be losing out on 140 TP by taking the direct service.

In the past when there has been a change of routing AA has told me that they can honour the original routing credit if I was a member of the AA Advantage club, but there was no way for them to get BA to give me the original routing credit on a AA ticket. They would need to request this from BA.

I was then accommodated on a later flight which meant I had a tight connection in JFK, and getting from T8 to T7 was no easy task.

Any my thoughts or experiences on similar situations and how best to deal with these issues if they crop up again in the future? I was all set otherwise and had to think fast. The direct flight from LA was very appealing but then I didn’t want to have to fight for points after.