FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fried Chicken, CNN and Human Rights in Atlanta, Georgia, USA via United First
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:29 pm
worldtraveller73

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
United Airlines
Mesa Airlines DBA United Express
UA 6237 – First Class (P)
IAH – ATL (George Bush International Airport – Hartsfield Jackson ATL International Airport)
April 9, 2019
7:55 PM – 10:58 PM
Booked: Embraer 175
Flown: Embraer 175

At about T-30, I headed right to the gate next door to the lounge for my last flight of the day. Boarding was pretty congested, and there were at least 10 on the upgrade list waiting for a seat in the small business class cabin.

The United Business configuration was the usual 1-2 in this Embraer. As with other’s there is only room for 2 rollies in the overhead bins on the right hand side of the aircraft. I found my way to Seat 3A, which was compact in the back of the business cabin.

An open bar pre-departure beverage was offered. I ended up with Jack Daniels and Coca Cola. I was pretty tired from all the waiting around, the early departure this morning, and started to snooze off with the departure over Houston.

I didn’t bother to take a look at the meal service, having had two light and uninteresting offerings on the last two flights. I ended up nodding off for the rest of the flight thanks to that very early morning departure.

We arrived to the maze of Atlanta and surprisingly, we were into the gate quite quickly. It was a short walk out into the streets area where I found a taxi into town.

All in, the United flights were pretty reasonable given their low cost that I paid for them. I'd make sure that I'd eat well in advance of my next series of flights with them since the food was pretty light.

Last edited by worldtraveller73; Sep 28, 2019 at 11:51 am