FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EQD Run Help MIA-MXP
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:32 pm
StradaleAA

Programs: AA EXP, United 1k, ITA CE, Marriott Ambr, Hertz Pres, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Booking AA flights numbers you will earn EQD based on the actual price of your ticket. So if you buy a $1500 ticket before tax in discount Premium Econ you would earn $1500 EQD.

Booking partner flight numbers will earn EQD based on distance and a fare code multiplier. So a MIA-LHR-MXP rountrip booked as BA flight numbers in discount PE would earn approx $1887 EQD regardless of how much you actually pay.

Premium Economy is generally the sweet spot as you can usually find discount PE to Europe for $800-$1200 depending on the date and route, etc.

From the east coast to Europe, discount business generally doesn't provide that much EQD value booking on partners unless you score an incredibly cheap deal. For example the same MIA-LHR-MXP rountrip in discount biz on BA flight numbers would earn only approx $2529 EQD. From the US you will be hard pressed to find a fare much cheaper than that in business, so most likely would be better off just booking the AA flight numbers.
So when booking part numbers for example I booked a flight MIA-LHR-DUB in December in Business through AA website but on all BA flight numbers. Is this what we are referring booking partner flight numbers. Or do I need to be booking BA flight numbers on BA website and just using my AA frequent flyer number to credit the flights to?