FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club rewards transfer questions
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2019, 6:26 am
goodandclassy

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Originally Posted by mia
When Club Rewards was operated by Citi the excise tax was payable with money or points. When BMO took over they eliminated the excise tax fee for a few years, but when they reinstated it they built it into the transfer ratio.

There was a transfer bonus to VS in October 2017. The next one was in May 2018. I don't believe there has been on in 2019. If you can wait, I would defer until
early October to see if there is a bonus to VS or another partner.
Fair enough - thank you! I think BA has/had an offer currently but with their insane YQs and variety of other transfer partners, I opted against it... I will keep an eye out in October though, thanks!

Originally Posted by sdsearch
In case you're not aware, AS only allows one partner per booking (though it can be a different partner in each direction if you book one-way awards). If you need a partner that flies out of (or into) another city, and AS (whose main territory is the US West Coast) can't connect you to that partner from where you are in NYC (on the other side of the country), then you'd have to book your own connector flight separately, together with all the risks that can entail.
Good point! Though my use case for AS miles is to do things like CX F etc
Thank you