FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, Cruises, Activities through Chase/Expedia portal.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:50 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lexluthor
I just tried to book an AA flight from CVG to LGA. On AA.com the round trip is $535. On Chase UR portal, it says it's $535, then when I get to the last page, it says the flight increased to $569. I booked it on AA.com so I know the price is real, when back to Chase and still $569 and I can still book it again for $535 on AA.com.

This isn't the first time this has happened, but it's pretty annoying that they are devaluing my points by 6% by charging more for the flight than the airline direct charges.

Does this happen frequently? Nothing I can do I presume?
Nothing you can do because since Chase moved to use Expedia., there is absolutely no human intervention can be made other than some very serious issues. (upthread there were some serious problems happened to some people's account, literally preventing them from using their UR pts while the airfares kept going up when Chase took its time to try to find out what was wrong.)

Even if Expedia shows the same fare as AA website, you would be very lucky to find a rep at UR / Expedia, to be able to book that Expedia fare because they all claim the inventory is NOT the same for UR and for Expedia. At least that is what I am told when I have found Expedia prices are cheaper than UR portal. No dice. All the reps would do were to "file a complant" - NOTHING ever comes out from that, and we continue to see frequent higher prices shown on UR portal from airline tickets to lodgings to cruises.