FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: aavacations.com / AA Vacations flight & vacation package questions, discussion
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:12 am
nk15
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by brp
Actually, it will not preserve the asterisk in the emailed record. Any time a human does something to toe record (I've had a number of cases where I've need to call to book for things that cannot be done online, for example), it appears to remove the asterisk. Interestingly, in all of my cases, there is a space within the parentheses where the fare class is displayed for one more character (like an asterisk? ), but no asterisk.

But, yes, it has always in my experience (and I've read of some contrary experiences here that required calls) preserved this in their records, and always posted by distance.

Cheers.
Thanks, I also take screenshots when I book online, at various stages. I have done it before where the upgrade was processed at the gate, and I also did not have any issues, but I was concerned with the upgrade now being processed by calling in, where the ticket gets re-issued, I believe.