FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Gold Status and Tier Points on Iberia marketed, LEVEL operated flights
Old Sep 17, 2019, 6:42 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jonr405
Quick question. I'm looking at a premium economy ticket marketed by iberia but operated by LEVEL airlines from Barcelona to Boston. Anyone have experience earning tier points in this way? The tier points calculator says I should get 90tps but I'm not sure I trust it....

Additionally, If I were to book normal economy would I get lounge access in Barcelona as well as a BA gold?
I can see how Iberia is shown as earning TPs and Avios, but this flight is surely a codeshare on a non oneworld, so my presumption would be that in common with other examples (e.g. Lufthansa flights codeshared from Cathay) this would not earn either TPs or Avios within BAEC. It would however do so within Iberia's own frequent flyer system. Therefore you could indirectly get the Avios via transfering them from Iberia, but the status credit stays within Iberia and isn't transferable.

Travel on Level, in either cabin, would not get status access to the BCN lounge - which is run by AENA, the airport authority - but you can pay to get access or use Priority Pass.

Welcome to Flyertalk jonr405, and welcome to the BA forum as well, I hope you be able to join up with us on a regular basis.