FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What does BA define as a "sensitive customer"?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:17 am
fransknorge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
Originally Posted by sku4525
Hi all.

I've just received a subject access request response from BA and shortly after my CCV number it lists "SENSITIVE CUSTOMER: Y?" and I'm wondering what this means.
I did reply to the DSAR email response asking them to confirm (as I'd say this could fall under an industry or company term that could be expected to be explained) and the response was "This is an internal field we use to categorize customers". So technically a valid answer that explains it but not knowing what I'm sensitive to has made me curious!

Naturally; I'm wondering what one could have possibly done or given to BA to be deemed a "sensitive customer"!?
It's definitely not any disability info as all those are in separate fields (and are empty as I'd expect) nor is it any historical issues of "Unruly behaviour", "suspected intoxication incident" or "abuse risk to public/staff" or "legal risk" (other 4 categories listed on the extended report and thankfully all negative).
I can't see anything in any of the call centre/support team notes (of which there are many!) to suggest a reason as to it being in there.

Unless submitting a SAR itself causes one to be considered "sensitive"

Anyone got any ideas?
(bolding mine)
Do you truly mean CCV or is it CIV ?