FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help! Amoma is bankrupt and we booked a stay
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:10 am
SK AAR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by fromHollandwithlove
Thank you Jaimito, but I really don't want to be travelling for hours to stand in front of the front desk and find out we have nowhere to sleep?
Do you have any choice? (unless you want to cancel and forfeit the amount you already paid to Amoma).

I'm actually surprised that you were informed that the hotel has already been paid. Normally, the OTA will collect your payment when the reservation is made but will not pay to the hotel until shortly before or after the stay. That is why many other Amoma customers in your situation are now facing that the hotel (rather than Amoma) will cancel the reservations because the hotel will not get paid. I find it unlikely that Amoma will suddenly start cancelling reservations if already paid to the hotel, but again I wonder if the information you received from the hotel is correct - I think there is much higher risk that the hotel will cancel your reservation because there is no prospect of getting paid from Amoma.

I second the above poster. Contact the hotel, offer to pay directly to hotel and contact your credit card for a "charge back" due to the vendor being insolvent and not honoring their obligations.