FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines Kicks Elderly Professor Couple Off Late-Night Flight
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:36 pm
physioprof

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by zombietooth
A few days ago, I was seated in the aft exit row (where I always sit), seat 21D, when I noticed some late boarders (a young couple) come on to find that one of their seats was taken (seat 20E). The young man calmly showed the occupant of his seat his boarding pass and the occupant (a non-rev) in turn showed his boarding pass with the same seat number showing. Instead of freaking out, the young man calmly walked back to a FA, who then started an investigation, after which, the GA boarded and apologized to both parties for the mix-up, resulting in the non-rev moving to another seat.

No excitement, no accusations, just calm reasonable behavior displayed by all involved.
Now imagine what would've happened if as part of the FA investigation, the FA lost track of one of the pax boarding passes & then accused the pax of lying about their seat assignment. I think that is what the professors are asserting happened to them?