View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 19, 2:22 pm
shmuey

Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
Personally, I'd *probably* skew toward a more standard room at a nicer property than vice versa. Most of your time actually IN the room will be spent in the bed (honeymoon or not! ), and you'll likely get a more comfortable bed at a higher end property (vs. the Four Points, for example). Though having like a huge bathroom with soaking tub could be nice (though that is typical in many standard rooms at high-end hotels). And then of course the time spent on the property outside of your room (e.g., at the pool) will be better at a nicer property - things like pool towels, chaise lounges, drink service.

Just my $0.02; though there is a lot of good value to be had in Bali, and some people will even swear by private villas. The value is even at the higher end - if the Four Seasons costs, say, $500/night, the same thing would cost $800-1000 in Hawaii for example.

Oh, I also would vote for 3 different hotels vs. 4, but over 2 weeks changing 3 times won't be so so terrible.
Thanks for the feedback. The more I read, the more I'm feeling inclined to drop the Four Points and get a less equipped suite at somewhere like Stones Hotel in Legian or even the Courtyard in Seminyak (both were recommended on another forum). We won't be spending too much time in the room, so I agree that proximity to beach/nightlife and a good pool is higher priority. Before we started dating my fiancee never stayed in anything nicer than a Sheraton, so fortunately she is not picky.