FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, Cruises, Activities through Chase/Expedia portal.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:08 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by holocker
I am looking at booking a Norwegian Airlines flight between BCN and TLV. On Norweigian's website, I see an option for Low fare for $111.10 and Low Fare+, which includes a checked bag which I need for $143.10. The Chase Ultimate Reward Portal showed me a fare of $133.78, which doesn't match either. I called the reservation department and the person I spoke with did not know which fare it was. Does anyone have experience booking Norweigina flights thru Chase Ultimate Reards and which fare yo get?
Originally Posted by pallhedge
Norwegian seems to always be cheaper booking direct with Norwegian than through OTAs. I suggest you pay cash for this flight and save your UR for a better value.
As pallhedge pointed out, you should book the flight directly with Norwegian than using your UR pts for the reason he mentioned.

I also have found that for European airlines, including the regular airlines such as SAS, LOT and others, UR fail to show the fares that include checked bags. Good thing you do the comparison because chances are high that the UR fare shown is the lowest fare without checked bag, that is offered from OTA but still higher than the lowest fare shown on Norwegian website.

Plus dont forget UR often marks up 5% or more on International travel bookings. I have found this is true in both airfares and lodgings. In the case of lodgings, the mark up could be as high as 15%, higher than what is shown on Expedia for the identical property identical date and often identical cancellation policy.