FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interesting potential EU261 case
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2019, 1:13 am
BTP

Programs: VS Gold, BA Silver (gold for ~10y 'til recently!)
It's definitely interesting to read a wide range of responses (mostly critical!), for which many thanks to all. I certainly don't feel chastised () and have learned a few things from this thread.

It is notable that most posters are taking a broad view of the circumstances vs the much more narrow matter of whether BA were justified in not checking me in despite having a valid ticket, and presenting a valid passport at check-in.

Also, whereas many people are focusing on (as they see it) me trying to make money when I had screwed up, in fact I was simply asking for advice from others based on their knowledge and experience.

Tobias - final destination was LHR. BA state on their website re ID requirements:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-visas-and-api

For flights between the UK and Republic of Ireland

If you are a citizen of the UK or Republic of Ireland who was born in that country you do not need a passport to travel between the two countries but you do require some form of photographic identification, such as a driving licence.

All other travelers require a valid passport to travel between the two countries.

I was very interested to read another poster copying an extract from Aer Lingus's website, in which they don't require photo ID for children younger than 16. I wonder why BA have adopted their more stringent requirements?