FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1 month in Australia -- itinerary help
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:39 pm
Exec_Plat

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by _fx
Thanks for the additional comments. Currently thinking of dropping Wilsons Prom in exchange for the Blue Mountains and an extra day in KI.

I'm telling myself I'll visit again and do it plus Tasmania in the future. Of course, I won't -- but it would save 6 hours driving and an additional flight connection, which is nice for the trip.

Exec_Plat Did you think Blue Mountains could've used additional time? Also any hiking suggestions on KI? The full multi-day trek looks just a bit out of reach, but I am up for some tough days on the trail.
Id been to the blue mountains 4,5 times before- including a long epic hike down to the floor (federal pass I think). I would have added a day, as it was we arrived one morning and left the next afternoon. We had a view room at Lilianfels, which was pretty amazing. Waking up to wild parrots on the deck and the sun rising in the valley- its like a bed on the three sisters viewing deck where the crowds cluster. But it was just ours. Drinks at sunset...coffee at sunrise. Worth the $....

On the KI hike, we hired a guy for a day, basically said 'we can find the stuff with signs that everyone does'. My recollection is that we visited Cape Borda, Ravine des Casoars hike out to the coast; and as I recall KI only had a lighthouse for many years on the southern end, and a place for boats to unload (Cannot recall the name). We also visited Admirals arch and Remarkable Rocks too, on our own.