FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR/LGW pilots (BALPA) industrial action 9 Sep, 10 Sep, and 27 Sep
Old Sep 15, 2019, 6:48 pm
UKtravelbear
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
They can try and strike as often as they want and BA can go to the court as often as they want, I am saying eventually the court may find BALPA's actions abusive and call the strike illegal!
This is national economy we are talking about here to some extent, and going on excessive strike is just being selfish.

I don't mind a few symbolic strikes here and there to get the point across, but striking weeks on end is ridiculous and everyone knows this, but I really doubt it will come to this so we are hypothesising too much.

This is not 1970's Britain, no matter how much the labour party is trying to force the UK to go back to it.
There have been three days of strikes so far and that is 10% of the entire month of September. That’s hardly unreasonable - let alone abusive - in most people’s books.

Is 3 days not symbolic enough for you or would it just be one day? How about they all went in strike for an hour immediately before departure? Or for 2 hours? Would that be symbolic enough?

As for your last sentence well that is just ridiculous. Let’s keep your politics out of it.