FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE 2019: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Sep 15, 2019, 3:29 pm
gateH15

Originally Posted by stant
Howdy,
Not really an AA newbie here, been EXP for more than just a year or two, but I'm new to the AA forum, so this will probably be a newbie question...

I have already used all of my SWUs for the year. Something has come up and I need to visit my partner in England in short notice. When I log onto my AA account and look at flights I normally see that little notice for flights that might have confirmable space for SWU use, but right now I dont see it. Is that because I dont have any more SWUs for this year, and havent re-qualified yet? Using google flights I cant find anything between tampa and london in the dates I need for much less than 8-10k$. I could just get an award ticket but I need EQMs and EQDs for the year as I already burned those SWAs AND had 2 trips worth of biz extra miles expiring this year I used... With plenty of $800 coach seats and $1500 premium coach seats, I would much rather pay for a ticket, but I'd also much rather be in a lay flat bed, so I would only go that route if I know in advance I can get the upgrade (with miles obviously)

Any way I can search for this on my own without having to phone in an ask a rep to check a billion and one route, and date combos?

TIA
Subscribe to expert flyer and check for C space availability. If flight is at least C1 you can upgrade with miles or SWU instantly at booking.