FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need a little help with a cunning plan to get silver..
Old Sep 15, 2019, 1:55 pm
AJA_

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by 225SG
Yes sorry I missed that bit out.

The reason being I want to use my avios for 4 of us next summer holidays flight but to get to where we want means all of us flying in Y. My rational being although the flight would be in Y for a long European flight, CE is no great shakes bar the spare seat in the middle.
Being silver we can use the J checkin desks ( I know bronze can), guest the kids into the lounges and also select our seats in advance for a seperate trip in late april in CW to TLV.

This makes the family summer holiday trip a bit nicer and also gets us better seats on the TLV flight hopefully!
When does your TP earning year end? That determines how much time you have to still achieve Silver. I note that you mention a trip to TLV in CW in April, if that falls in your current year they would also count as 2 of the 4 flights needed, admittedly you wouldn't gain Silver status until then, nor would you be able to select seats before. Or is this trip also an Avios redemption? If not then you only need do 1 trip to get Bronze allowing you to choose seats 7 days out for TLV.

If you want Silver ASAP I'd recommend 2 separate one night trips to somewhere in the UK (EDI, JER) and Europe (AMS) rather than trying to do it all in one trip. Probably cheaper too. Or you could do a return trip to Gran Canaria via Madrid; LHR-MAD-LPA return on IB or BA.

Last edited by AJA_; Sep 15, 2019 at 2:01 pm