FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elitist and entitled or reasonable? What say you?
Old Sep 15, 2019, 11:31 am
drolen

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
That is the largest Sky Miles customer service bonus I've ever heard of--worth $780 if you value SM at 1.3 cents. I would personally be very happy with that. I realize that it was extremely frustrating to have both incidents happen close together, but one has nothing to do with the other. Also, EU261 compensation is unique to Europe, and I don't think it's reasonable to expect similar compensation anywhere else (even though the miles you were granted are likely worth more).

At the end of the day, you flew in J to your destination (you were not downgraded, right?), arriving on the same day you were supposed to, and were generously compensated for the frustrating delay.
Thanks, This is more or less the way I was leaning and considered not even discussing with Delta further. However, I figured unless they are going to mark me as a trouble maker or something in the system then what's the harm in asking. I've already determined that it really does not matter at this point because, emotions aside, I've received everything I paid for and am not out any real costs.