FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elitist and entitled or reasonable? What say you?
Old Sep 15, 2019, 11:12 am
DiverDave

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by drolen
I sent Delta Care a response, explained all of the above and told them at this point the 60K points didn't seem to compensate the frustration of this happening on the very next Delta flight I had taken and told them they should consider refunding the ticket price. An autogenerated email said "Thanks for replying, due to the summer travel schedule responses may take 14-21 days." Wow. I don't really expect a full refund for a Delta One flight because I did fly, I just threw that out to see if they would come back with something else, maybe in the hundreds of dollars or similar. After all, if this had been an EU flight it would trigger EU261 for 600Euro..
60K points is worth at least $600. That's within spitting distance of 600 Euro, so if I were you I'd take that and be happy.

And BTW just as unsolicited advice, I don't think that asking for the moon (full refund of ticket) is a good opening position for a negotiation.

David