FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does China Eastern only sell full flex tickets to/from UK?
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:37 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by siw
I'm looking for flights from London to Singapore and Bangkok for Winter 2019 and Spring 2020. I search for SkyTeam airlines to add to my AF/KL Flying Blue account. My go-to airline recently has been MF via AMS and XMN (cheaper business class tickets on their nice B789 and plenty of Flying Blue XP) but MF do not match my schedule in these instances and ideally I want evening week day departures from London (really it'll be LHR as CI from LGW is not daily) and this just leaves KE and MU, as CZ are fully out of SkyTeam after 31/12/2019. However, I have noticed that the MU business and ecomony tickets (using ITA Matrix) is only ever the fully flex J and Y sub-booking classes and therefore very expensive. Whereas KE list saver tickets (e.g. I and Q) yet are still expensive, it'd prefer to fly in business class with an in-direct stopover. So that got me thinking: does MU not sell saver tickets to/from London? I have not flown MU before but their LHR depart time is suitable for me.
When I include FM (MU subsidiary) as an option for the intra-Asia flights, I'm seeing semi acceptable fares, though SQ and BA aren't a whole lot more expensive.