FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gifting Milestone Award - also staying at same property on paid stay same time?
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:04 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SF1K
So heading to GH Berlin at end of year. Have room booked for myself for 5 nights, 2 nights paid, 3 nights points.

Have a a family member visiting from another city in Germany for 1 night. I’ve made a separate reservation for that 1 night using my 30 stat milestone category 1-4 award. Look at the T&C it does seem these are allowed to be gifted, correct? I just made the reservation under my name as I’ll be physically present for the check-in and check-out of the second room. Is it ok to that in that way? Even if I made reservation in my mom’s cousins name she’s still get guest of honor and that’s what I want to ensure is the lounge access and the complimentary breakfast.
If you're a globalist, wouldn't it be better to set the family member's stay up as a Guest of Honor booking? Then your guest gets elite benefits, including lounge access. However, I'm not sure whether this needs to be done using points or whether Guest of Honor can use a Cat 1-4 free night cert.